Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 10 -- 5 More Days

11:45 p.m.  Five more days!

Guess what, I can’t sleep – what a surprise these days.   We put Dominic Down at 9:00 and Chris was bushed and fell fast asleep. 

I tossed and turned, but finally at 10:30 I rolled out of bed and decided to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the kitchen floor.  Something I’ve been meaning to do for a couple of weeks now.  Thought it would tire me out.  Not so.  

This is good though because I can add a few more thoughts and some up to date pix.

SAVORING SUMMER

Let’s just touch upon the highlights of our week.  First – two movies in one week!  On Monday I went 

to one solo – My Sister’s Keeper.  And on Wednesday Chris and I went out and saw “Away We Go”.  Both movies were accompanied by buttery popcorn and absolute escape.  We both love going to the movies.

Oh, by the way, “Away we Go” was wonderful!  It’s about a couple that is expecting a child but can’t quite figure out where “home” should be.  So they go on a search to visit friends and family around the country while searching for “home”.  We laughed, shed a couple of tears and overall enjoyed the escape.

Tuesday – July 7 (The day I thought for months that our sweet baby would arrive…  Oops!  I’m beginning to wonder if she’s real?)

HAIRCUT -- Dominic got his haircut.  It was a huge turning point because I didn’t have to hold him and semi-pin him down.  He decided that he wanted to sit on the motorcycle haircutting chair.  He was a superstar!   He was so proud to be sitting on a motorcycle.  And afterwards, he insisted that he get a pink balloon as his reward.  I love his balanced approach to life – a little masculine with the feminine.

Of course that evening when Chris came home, he said, “Daddy, I want a motorcycle.”  Chris said he’d get him one when he’s 5.  O.K. – not sure how I feel about that just yet.  Doesn’t 5 seem a bit young?  He hasn’t even mastered the tricycle yet. 

I do have a feeling that motorcycles are in our near future as Dominic takes every chance he can get to sit on Chris’s motorcycle in the garage.  And let me tell you, that motorcycle is the envy of every little boy who happens to wander into the garage.  It does amaze me how little boys truly do seem to be prewired for these things.

After the haircut, Dominic and I went and visited with some of my friends and their little ones from school.  A colleague who I used to teach with at LOJ but moved to Texas a few years ago, came to visit.  She has a 6 month old, Amelia who we had not met yet.  It was a wonderful morning.  I got to catch up with friends and Dominic had a blast playing with the kiddos.

Wednesday – July 8 (One week out from scheduled cesarean.  Can’t wait to meet this baby.  Feels like she’s getting HUGE!)

Today Miss Irene and her kiddos Augie, Eddie and Olivia came to play.  Dominic was so HAPPY!  Miss Irene takes care of him when I work and Dominic adores her and the kiddos.  He’s been asking to see them for over a week! 

Thursday – July 9  -- Day at the Zoo

Auntie Sara took Dominic and Aidan to the zoo.  Dominic loves playing with his cousins! 

Dominic said that he got to pet and brush the goats.  And he told us about the mama and daddy hippos playing with a ball.  He sad they opened their mouths really wide – of course his explanation involved showing us with his hands and mouth.  Auntie Sara said that Dominic walked the entire time.  He’s getting to be such a big boy!

Today – July 10 --  Dominic and I played at home.  We read books, painted, played with play dough, played games, sang, danced and took a glorious nap.  When Chris came home we headed down to the Pearl District to have slices of warm cheesy pizza at Hot Lips Pizza.  Afterwards, Chris and Dominic played in the fountain as I sat with my big old belly on a slab of granite.  Dominic loves that fountain!  Chris got to chase him and race with him all over the place.

Afterwards, we went and had ice cream cones.  What a perfect summer night!


No comments:

Post a Comment