Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Prelude to a new chapter

4:15 – Slipped in to check on Dominic.  I draped a blanket over his sprawled out little body in hopes of ensuring a few more hours of restful sleep in his big boy bed. 

4:27 – Hear the pitter patter of little feet followed by the CREAK of floorboards.  Dominic sleepily climbs into our bed, gently stepping over my belly.  He mutters something about stitches.

A mental slideshow begins to play in my mind.  This one is complete with different colored lenses that strike a chord at the range of emotions bubbling within.

ANTICIPATION/EXCITEMENT – What is our sweet little girl going to look like?  Will she have hair?  How much will she weigh?  What kind of disposition will she have? The past few times the Doctor has listened to her heartbeat, she has commented on her calmness.  

REFLECTION – Isn’t it weird how we take an absolutely perfect, beautiful wee child with such soft skin, fresh baby smell, sweet little squeaks and dress her in a man made outfit?  How unnatural…

BLISS -- I can’t wait to cuddle her -- feel her warm, smooth skin, and inhale that sweet baby breath on my face.  I will cherish every moment…

NOSTALGIA – Oh how I love cuddling with Dominic, my little boy curled next to me.  Feeling the warmth of his little hand as he holds it up against my face.  Listening to the sleep filled giggle of whatever dream he is watching in his mind.  Feeling the rise and fall of his little belly that assures me he’s breathing and so full of life.  He’s so sweet and calm when he sleeps.  I love the way he instinctively crosses his arms up and behind his neck, cradling his head in his hands – just like he was doing when we saw him through that first 3-D ultrasound.  So amazing how some things don’t change…   

DELIGHT

(I am holding on to one last slide -- its' lens is a different color.  Perhaps I'll share later...)

-- END SLIDE SHOW --

Today is Grandma Mary’s 75th birthday.  Happy Birthday Mama Lepore!  Our sweet baby can't wait to kiss you! Dominic is already sending hugs and kisses!  We LOVE YOU!

Let’s go forth and embrace the new littlest Lepore.

Bring this sweet little girl into the world.

Wallow in the absolute JOY that is today.

I thank you god for most this amazing day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment